Sunday, September 20, 2026

I thought about the presentations

In class when everyone was presenting their information from the past, I was taking it back a lot because I was surprised how much information I didn't know. I did know a little bit about some of the information that was presented like how the slave trade worked I did have a understanding of that. Also, I did know a little bit about John Brown and what he stood for during his time in the 1800s.

But of course to learn something new every day. Like I said before I knew some things about John Brown but I didn't know everything and I still learned a lot from the presentations. Also if I'm being honest, personally, John Brown was my favorite part of all the information that was given that day. 

What I learned from the presentations was, he was born in Connecticut and was raised in a strict anti-slavery household. I knew he was against slavery, but I didn't know how his family was to slavery. I learned of his actions in this presentation too how he became involved in a violent conflict in Kansas during 1855. 

I guess the reason why this is my favorite part of the presentation is because one I knew a little bit about the topic into John Brown, as a person has a very long lasting legacy that stood out to me because it's hard to create a legacy that lasts that long, and his actions really sparked anti-slavery move mince throughout the country after his execution by the country.

Speaking of his execution, that's another thing I didn't know about him. I originally thought he would've died from old age, but no, he died from his actions, even though his actions were for the better of the country. 

I have to say his actions that I learned about very noble, trying to start an uprising in Virginia for the slaves, of course, with the help of 21 other men. After learning how he was execute, I wish you could've seen what the country would've become without slavery.

Of course, I did enjoy the other topics that were brought up in the presentations like the Civil War, the start of women's rights, the battle fought, Missouri joined the union, talking about Abraham Lincoln a little bit, how some of the enslave people got to go back home etc. But I think the most important in the most impactful out of all the topics is of course the Civil War. Because let's face the facts this was quite the turning point for the country.

Civil War really brought to light the evil atrocities that our country was doing. Of course I can't forget about all of the death in his destruction the Civil War caused. But luckily, after the war, the country saw what he was doing wrong and changed for the better.

I think everyone did a great job on what they presented but the Civil War I think they did an outstanding job. The way they worded it, how they organized it, and how they present all of it was very inspiring, and has taught me a thing or two on how to present better funny enough. The only thing I think they could of done better is add a bit more color and pizzazz to their slides. After they finished everything in their topics, I realized it was just a lot of paragraphs and bullet points, if they had more pictures or gave it some effects that would've made it perfect in the end. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

AI Disclosure: AI was not used in anyway during the creation of the blog post 

No comments:

Post a Comment

History of Slavery

Before the American Civil War, slavery was one of the most debated issues in the United States. While abolitionists argued that slavery was ...